Monday 24 January 2011

How Good Of A Diet Is Medifast?

The other day, I received an email from a coworker which basically wondered "how good is medifast?" I wrote back and asked did she mean good in terms of the taste or good in terms of effectiveness? Of course, she wrote back "both." In a nutshell, she wanted to know if her experience if she decided to try this plan would be a positive one. In this article, I'll try to answer this question by sharing my experiences with medifast.

The Taste Of The Medifast Food: Overall, I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor, texture, and taste of most of the foods, especially with the shakes. I sort of expected the chalky, strong aftertaste of the old slim fast shakes. Instead, I found these to be creamy, rich and quite decent. Likewise with the bars. In general, I like most of the carb and dessert type foods like the puddings, cappuccinos, hot chocolate, oatmeal, shakes and bars. I also find the scrambled eggs to be pretty good, especially when mixed with fat free cheese and / or veggies.

I find that I have to dress up the lunch options like the stews and chilis (I use fat free salsa and fat free cream cheese.) I will sometimes wrap the chili in a fat free tortilla with cheese to make a burrito. I don't really like the fruit drinks and trade these with a coworker.

Overall though, by using fat and sugar free syrups, etc., I get by just fine. Yes, eating six times per day with food that is mostly provided to me took some getting used to at first. I sure missed my Starbucks mocha (but I found a way to mix the plan's hot chocolate and cappuccino to make a replacement). However, I saw decent results and lost a good deal of weight pretty quickly so this made it easier for me to stick it out. And, after a while it just became a habit that I didn't have to think about anymore.

Read More : http://www.articlesbase.com/weight-loss-articles/how-good-of-a-diet-is-medifast-3371878.html

No comments:

Post a Comment